Friday, October 10, 2008

Web 2.0

We had curriculum night last Tuesday and I was asked to speak to the parent body about the History and Geography curriculum. I talked about the new technology that we have at our school and how we incorporate it into our History/Geography program. It really sounded like I was talking another language and I could tell many of the other teachers were wondering what I was talking about. Blogging? Podcasting?
Last year one of the Grade 8 teachers had his students Podcasting. They took a chapter in the text and summarized it. They had to Podcast the information as one of the historical characters of the time. This was the teachers first attempt at Podcasting so he kept it simple. He was able to use the assignment as an assessment tool for History, Drama and Oral Language.
I plan to share my Blog with my students on Tuesday. This way I will be completely familiar with it by then. Homework and assignments will be posted daily. How wonderful will that be for students who are absent! No more excuses.

1 comment: